If you signed up to the OurPath NoTech programme, you will have received your OurPath recipe book and handbook together with some FAQs about how you'll be able to track your weight and steps using the OurPath app.
You can follow this guide if you're using an Android device (phones/tablets).
For Apple devices you will find the necessary instructions here.
Once you've downloaded the OurPath app from Google Play, you'll be able to track your weight and step count if you wish to. There are different ways to do this:
1. Enter your weight manually
If you're using your own scales, you can enter your weight manually into the app
You can do this by going to the 'Track' section the app and make sure 'Weight' is selected at the top.
- Next to the line 'Add weight manually', click on 'Add'
- Enter both your weight and the chosen date and click on 'Add'
If you've made a mistake in putting in your weight, that's no problem. It can be deleted:
In the "Track' section of the app, scroll to the bottom and select 'View all data'. Choose the weight reading your would like to delete and swipe to the left. Then click on 'Delete'.
2. Enter your step count manually
This works in the same way as entering in your weight by going to the 'Track' section of the app and selecting 'Steps' at the top.
- Next to the line 'Add steps manually', click on 'Add'
- Enter both the number of steps and chosen date and click 'Add'
If you've made a mistake and want to delete one of the entries, back to 'Track', scroll down and select 'View all data'. Choose the step count that you would like to delete and swipe to the left. Then click ' Delete'.
3. Track your steps using your phone
- Install Google Fit (if you do not already have it)
- When you open the OurPath app, you will be prompted to select your google account, and allow access
- You can also go to 'Settings' in the OurPath app and select 'Allow Google Fit permissions'
- Please let your mentor know that you are using Google Fit, so they can update your profile to sync your steps from Google Fit
4. Using a FitBit or Garmin watch
Unfortunately FitBit or Garmin don’t allow its data to be shared with the OurPath app. However, you can enter your step count manually at the end of each day.
5. Using wireless/bluetooth scales
Unfortunately it is not yet possible to directly sync your scales with the OurPath app. However, you will be able to enter your weight readings manually.